X-Members Forum  
Register Home Forums Garage Galleries Classifieds Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate FAQ
Go Back   X-Members Forum > X-Members Chat > General Discussion
Reload this Page scotlands new drag strip ?

Classified Ads - Click here to place an ad!
For Sale
Sunbeam Rapier, jag rear
Asking Price: £1250.00
by totus

scotlands new drag strip ?
(#1)
Old
raz is on a distinguished road

Default scotlands new drag strip ? - 09-09-11, 02:11 PM

Another strip for Parky and Miller to lose some rubber

It is meant to open April 2012.

Does anyone know anything about it. ?

Nobel race park Ardeer North Ayrshire.

http://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/anmvi...sp?a=6397&z=13

Last edited by raz; 10-09-11 at 07:52 AM. Reason: hh
(#2)
Old
gordonbradford

Default 09-09-11, 03:43 PM

sweet! if it comes true will be awesome would maybe see it being part of some of the series down south
(#3)
Old
newby
jacko is on a distinguished road

Default 09-09-11, 08:54 PM

It's a bit far to go though. The local Yoofs use the stretch of road behind Tesco's depot
(#4)
Old
jonny z is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up 09-09-11, 09:04 PM

would be great if it ever come,s off, don,t see it happening , would be a wey too big money investment for the return, weather here that bad, when woul it ever be dry to go playing.

" still be great if it ever happen,s " cheers jonny
tooooooo far
(#5)
Old
parky33 is on a distinguished road

Default tooooooo far - 12-09-11, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko View Post
It's a bit far to go though. The local Yoofs use the stretch of road behind Tesco's depot
I take it you have not been to Santa pod or shakey LOL
Ownly 840 miles round trip from ma hoose
(#6)
Old
stevel98 is on a distinguished road

Default 12-09-11, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko View Post
..or a Goodwood track day, ..1000mile round trip for us!

First I heard of this.. Hope it all works out! Can't believe it, a purpose built drag strip right on our doorstep!!

..YES!!!!

(#7)
Old
grahamngillian is on a distinguished road

Default 13-09-11, 06:41 AM

Sounds a good idea. Would love to try my hand at a bit of drag racing. Only been to Crail once 3 years ago and maybe it was just a bad day but it appears a bit amateur in the way it was run. Its getting a bit of bad press just now, especially since that guy got killed a few weeks ago.

The page for the new track was dated as May and it says the first moto X event was planned for AUGUST 2011!!!

Did this happen? This should give an idea of progress........if any.

Mind you a moto X track shouldn't take long to make......should it? To the uneducated (me), you could build a moto X track in a day. its just a few truck loads of earth, pat them down, Chuck up a couple of ropes to make a route and off you go.

07 Mustang
04 Explorer
06 Dodge Ram 2500
97 F150
Florida Villa for Sale

Last edited by grahamngillian; 13-09-11 at 06:44 AM.
(#8)
Old
PT Geo is on a distinguished road

Default 13-09-11, 06:51 AM

There's a publicity video from the track on this site.

http://video.mpora.com/watch/tiluLLrkO/

Although I can't see the quarter mile track in the picture it does show a picture of a funny car.

And they have a videoless YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/Nobelpark?feature=mhee

They've also registered the domain name http://www.nobelracepark.com/ although nothing there yet.

What else can I say?? Someone on Strathycruise has been down and seen that they have started work on the MotoX track recently.

Better watch what I do or I might get accused of stalking...

You thought I was finished, well no, there's more - Check the Twitter account at http://twitter.com/#!/nobelracepark

You want more? Ok, the guy that owns the Twitter account also has a Flickr account with pictures of construction under way.http://www.flickr.com/photos/nobelra...th/5716513472/

Geo

"I needed a password eight characters long so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves."

Website design - Computer Repairs - www.droiddesign.co.uk

Last edited by PT Geo; 13-09-11 at 07:08 AM.
(#9)
Old
stevel98 is on a distinguished road

Default 13-09-11, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamngillian View Post
The page for the new track was dated as May and it says the first moto X event was planned for AUGUST 2011!!!

Did this happen? This should give an idea of progress........if any.

Mind you a moto X track shouldn't take long to make......should it? To the uneducated (me), you could build a moto X track in a day. its just a few truck loads of earth, pat them down, Chuck up a couple of ropes to make a route and off you go.
Typo?

They don't have a lot of time before April to complete a project like this. It has to be done right. It doesn't look to me like a bunch of fly-by-nights just dumping some earth around for bikes to drive over. It has to be done well and professionally, hence a year for a first event to take place. If it does come off, then car, bike clubs/forums/associations should get behind it and give it 100% support. There's a lot of interest in this project already and it would be great to see some of these cars/rods I scope at shows actually running in earnest!

Positive thinking eh?

(#10)
Old
grahamngillian is on a distinguished road

Default 13-09-11, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel98 View Post
Typo?

They don't have a lot of time before April to complete a project like this. It has to be done right. It doesn't look to me like a bunch of fly-by-nights just dumping some earth around for bikes to drive over. It has to be done well and professionally, hence a year for a first event to take place. If it does come off, then car, bike clubs/forums/associations should get behind it and give it 100% support. There's a lot of interest in this project already and it would be great to see some of these cars/rods I scope at shows actually running in earnest!

Positive thinking eh?
Steve
I wasn't meaning anything negative on this project, quite the opposite actually. Any negatives should be directed at Crail.
As you say it looks like they are "doing it right" which means August 2011 seemed unlikely unless it was a "quick dump n run" moto track to get something in place to start generating cash.

Many moons ago Ingliston was supposed to get a revamp but it didn't happen for whatever reason, lets hope there's not to many objections from the PC brigade etc.

As you also eluded to.........we need a proper motorsport venue up here. So hopefully all forms of car /bike clubs etc get behind it. Knockhill does its best but we need others.

07 Mustang
04 Explorer
06 Dodge Ram 2500
97 F150
Florida Villa for Sale